How to get the diff between two arbitrary remote revisions?

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Tue Nov 8 23:22:00 GMT 2005

Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

> The two are distinct for these stereotypical cases.  There are some
> in-between cases that are harder to determine; should I be able to diff
>  particular subdirectories or files from different branches?  Perhaps
> the behaviour should be that if there are two arguments and they are in
> different branches then we diff between those two, rather than against
> their individual history.

My feeling is that this makes the spec very confusing, just to save a
"-r branch:". I'd rather avoid this kind of specification which look
to me like a heuristic ("type something, and I'll try to understand
what you meant").

(and this doesn't solve my initial problem. It's just a shortcut for
an existing syntax, whereas my problem is that there is _no_ syntax at
all to specify a revision which is not the latest in a remote branch)

--
Matthieu