How to get the diff between two arbitrary remote revisions?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Nov 8 22:27:44 GMT 2005

One might reasonably be expected to support two different syntaxes:

  bzr diff ../bzr.john.foo .
  bzr diff *.py

  bzr diff BRANCH1 BRANCH2
  bzr diff FILE...

The first syntax is active when you give two directories which are
branch roots.  Otherwise, the arguments are a list of files which are
diffed against a previous revision (by default the latest.)

The two are distinct for these stereotypical cases.  There are some
in-between cases that are harder to determine; should I be able to diff
 particular subdirectories or files from different branches?  Perhaps
the behaviour should be that if there are two arguments and they are in
different branches then we diff between those two, rather than against
their individual history.

--
Martin