build-config

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.org
Sun Nov 6 13:52:37 GMT 2005

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:42:44 -0500, Martin Pool wrote:

> On 03/11/05, William Dode <wilk-ml at flibuste.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When we are now free to choose the name and place of projects, what do
>> you suggest as best-practice to store and retrieve branch like with
>> build-config of arch ?
>>
>> Is there a plugin or built-in command on the way ?
>
> I think robert has ported config-manager to a bzr plugin, or has done some
> work towards it.

config-manager uses bzrlib, however at the moment you have to choose
between all the parts of the config being in bzr or mixing n' matching
between CVS, Subversion and Arch (but not bzr).

That is pending some changes and should be fixed shortly.

> For those who don't know it, this allows you to write a versioned file
> describing how various independently versioned branches should be
> assembled to make a composite tree.

There is also 'commit-tool', in Debian like config-manager that supports
commiting to whatever SCM the various parts of the tree happen to be in.

Unfortunately it does not support bzr at the moment.

Cheers,
Anand

Cheers,
Anand