pqm for bzr development

Robey Pointer robey at lag.net
Tue Nov 1 02:59:30 GMT 2005

On 31 Oct 2005, at 13:27, John A Meinel wrote:

> Martin Pool wrote:
>
>> I'd like to give more committers the ability to commit into bzr.dev.
>>
>> pqm is a "patch queue manager", a process tool originally written (by
>> Colin Walters?) for Arch and now ported by Robert to bazaar and
>> bazaar-ng.  It's a robot that does merges between branches in
>> response
>> to user commands and can enforce policy such as making sure that
>> tests
>> run before code merges into a particular branch.
>
> I think it would be nice to use a pqm. I haven't used one yet, never
> having had commit rights to the bazaar tree.
>
> Before we start that, I would like to see a nice howto for setting up
> gpg signatures. I believe Robert mentioned once "do this, and it will
> work", but it was some entry in a config file, that I don't remember.
> And I have a feeling there was a little bit more to it.
>
> It would also be nice if we could get the bzr.dev tree signed for all
> the revisions that people have committed. (So Martin signs all the
> mbp at ... revisions, I'll sign the john at ... revisions, etc.)
> We really only have to do it once, then we can just copy those
> signatures around, and have everyone enable automatic signatures on
> commit.

I'm +1 on the pqm and an enthusiastic +1 on all of the gpg stuff.

I saw a little bit of the gpg config last night [when I suddenly
noticed that bzr's "whoami" info had broken, and dug into config code
to figure out where it ran off to] but the comments in config.py made
it sound like it wasn't quite done yet.  If it is, I would love to
see a quick "how to set up gpg signatures for those with short
attention spans". :)

robey