GTK+ annotate plugin

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Oct 31 16:39:44 GMT 2005

Martin Pool wrote:
> On 28/10/05, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
>> You'll note I mention "branch nick".  That's a forward-looking
>> statement, as they say.  I would like to include the "branch nick" as an
>> attribute in every revision.  By default, the "branch nick" would be the
>> basename of the working tree (bzr.dev for Martin, bzr.ab for me,
>> integration for Robert).
>
> That sounds like a good idea to me.  It should be easy to add it as a
> revision property.

I would almost like to add a suggestion that the default name be 2
levels of directories.
I know in my public repositories I'm using:
branches/bzr/<some-working-title>
vs
branches/bzrtools/<something>

Though admittedly on my local working directory, I tend to do
"bzr-some-working-title".

I know we don't want to expose too much hierarchy, though, so maybe it
is best just to add a single level. But allow them to be manually named.
Also, if you have a name, I assume that branch and pull should not copy
this, right?