[MERGE REQUEST] sftp fixes

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Oct 31 15:52:25 GMT 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 10:36:15AM -0500, Martin Pool wrote about 'Re: [MERGE REQUEST] sftp fixes':
> On 30/10/05, Robey Pointer <robey at lag.net> wrote:
> > On 30 Oct 2005, at 9:17, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > > The SFTP transport currently doesn't parse passwords in URLs
> > > (sftp://foo:bar@localhost/). This makes selftest ask for passwords
> > > when there are no public keys available for the current user.
> Hm, selftest in 0.6 passes for me even when there are no keys in my
> agent, so this seems strange.
The sftp transport tries to authenticate using ~/.ssh/id_{d,r}sa as well, so
maybe that was why it was succeeding for you (?). The bug I was
noticing can easily be reproduced by running selftest using a new user account
or my temporarily renaming your .ssh directory.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/
 16:47:27 up 10 days,  5:52,  4 users,  load average: 0.79, 0.33, 0.18