patch versus 3-way merge for moved contents

Szalay Attila sasa at balabit.hu
Fri Oct 28 11:28:46 BST 2005

Hi All!

I'm new in this list, but I have listened the conversation for a time.

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 11:33 +0200, Jan Hudec wrote:

> The downside is, that patch can go spectacularly wrong if the context matches
> in more than one place by accident. I have actually seen patch to duplicate
> a piece of code because of false match of context (when merging with tla).

We had this problem with tla too. Our solution is to eliminate the fuzz
factor from patch program. (patch --fuzz 0)

--
Szalay Attila                     BalaBit IT Biztonságtechnikai Kft.
tel:(36-1)-371-05-40              1116 Bp. Csurgoi ut 20/b