Remote Merge

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Fri Oct 28 09:08:47 BST 2005

Martin Pool <martinpool at gmail.com> writes:

> So what we'd have to do is stat every remote file; if any are missing
> or have a different size then it's modified.  Otherwise, read back the
> contents of all of them.  Maybe this would slow it down too much to be
> worthwhile, but it is possible.

Another option: from the inventories of the local and remote files,
compute the list of files to be updated, and check only those files.
That's a kind of "inexact patching", but at the file level
granularity. That means in particular that pushing a small patch to a
large tree would still be efficient.

--
Matthieu