Remote Merge

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Oct 27 23:52:57 BST 2005

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John A Meinel wrote:
>>> Aaron Bentley wrote:
>>> Speaking of this, I just wanted to check, if you do a "bzr pull" with
>>> uncommitted changes in you working directory, it will do a merge against
>>> the working tree, right?
>
> Right.  Just like cvs update.
>
>>> So if we want "bzr push" to support remote working directories
>
> [but I don't want to, and neither does Robert Collins]

Neither do I. I think it was suggested by Matthieu Moy that it should be
a relatively simple operation.
And I suppose that it would be if we could do a straight copy of the
changes, rather than a merge (assume that the remote tree is pristine).

I personally don't have a problem having "bzr push" only update the
.bzr/ data, since any "bzr pull" from that tree will regenerate the
working directory from local contents.