Make "rename" command an alias for "mv"?

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Oct 27 22:42:29 BST 2005

Robert Widhopf-Fenk wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 21:01:47, John A Meinel wrote:
> [...]
>> I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the patch. It really needs to be
>> updated to work better in a multi-user situation. (named socket with
>> 0600 permissions)
>
> I started "bzr service" in one term and the client in
> another term and then finally I came to commit.
>
> Guess in which term the editor opened ;-)
>
> Robert

Well, I'm not a terminal expert.
I believe the trick is to have part of the protocol define what terminal
you are currently working on, and somehow have the server process grab
hold of that terminal before continuing.

Actually, if we did that, it would simplify a lot of things, since then
all the client would need to do is send the command to the service, and
what terminal to display the results on.

I don't know how to do this, but I believe it is possible, since that is
how "gpg --use-agent --cl" works.