GTK+ annotate plugin

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 02:07:01 BST 2005

On 26/10/05, Dan Loda <danloda at gmail.com> wrote:

> My first go at this is at:
>
> http://dan.loda.name/bzr/gannotate.colors/
>
> It's a fairly straight copy of vc-annotate, including the problems I
> have with it (which I plan to fix): it uses 18 colors -- I for one
> cannot remember such a legend. The majority of the colors are then
> meaningless and noisy. The yellows are unreadable on a light background.

That's quite useful nonetheless; I just looked at some files I'd been
working on and it does clearly highlight what's new and what's old.

I think having many colors is not necessarily a problem so long as
they form a continuum, and can give people a rough sense of how old or
new they are.  Perhaps it could draw a legend on the bottom.

It might also be interesting to see different colors by person, rather
than by age.

--
Martin