new status output

James Blackwell jblack at merconline.com
Tue Oct 25 08:41:21 BST 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 12:54:03PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 19/10/05, Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr> wrote:
> > But
> >
> >   $ bzr status --unknown | xargs rm
> >
> > or
> >
> >   $ bzr status --unknown | xargs whatever-stript
>
> Your wish is granted:
>
>   bzr unknowns | xargs rm

I respectfully request that we not refer to using xargs in any of the
documentation. xargs is notoriously bad at getting tricked by bad
filenames.

If you like the bzr unknown for piping through xargs, then there at least
needs to be some sort of --quoted option that 1. wraps each file in quotes
and 2. escapes for the local platform.

I know the standard argument: "thats what they get for using a stupid
file". However, I'd in turn argue that anybody using a filename like that
isn't going to know better anyways, and is going to be further up a creek
when s/he doesn't know why its not working.