Bzr and cherrypicking

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Wed Oct 19 21:51:04 BST 2005

Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> writes:

> Matthieu Moy wrote:
>> I suppose the merge itself is easy, but how is the merge history
>> recorded then?
>
> It's not recorded at all, which isn't great, but it's better than
> recording it as a full merge and those are our only options at present.

(I've wikified this here http://bazaar.canonical.com/MergeTracking )

So, it's the opposite of what tla does. tla's star-merge (I don't
remember about baz merge) will ignore the previous patches, bzr will
apply the patch twice.

At least, one scenario is correctly supported : if one realize that he
has mixed some patches that should have gone in another branch, he can
still move those patches to the right branch, and throw away his
mixed up branch afterwards if he whishes.

Thanks, I'm starting to understand how this all works :-).

--
Matthieu