new status output

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 02:06:58 BST 2005

On 18/10/05, Aaron Bentley

> 1. Should we list indirect merges, too?

Yes, please.  I like the one-line-per-revision format too.

I wonder if 'bzr log --pending' should show them in the default format.

> 2. Can we have pervasive console-width handling?  Right now I'm just
> using 79 columns for that output method.  But it would also be nice to
> word-wrap our errors

Yes, that'd be good.  There is some text-wrapping code in the Python library.

To accurately determine the terminal width on unix it seems we have to
use curses or something similar -- $COLUMNS doesn't seem to be
normally set (at least on Ubuntu).

> 3. Oh yeah, speaking of word-wrapping, it would be nice if we could use
> format: flowed in the command help messages.  That is, <space><newline>
> is transformed to <space> and then word-wrapped when outputting the
> command help.

I'd like to wrap the messages but trailing spaces seem likely to get
broken.  Almost all of the text can simply be wrapped; perhaps we can
just exempt anything with leading whitespace.

--
Martin