[Fwd: A new user experience]

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Tue Oct 18 23:50:14 BST 2005

The following message was posted to the mercurial list, regarding an
unpleasant initial experience with mercurial. I figured it wouldn't hurt
to post it here to be assured that bzr doesn't currently have any
"features" like this, and to help all the coders remember to avoid
anything like this in the future.

I would experiment with this in bzr myself, but alas, I can't run bzr
any more. Apparently it now requires breezy, and I'm timidly sticking
with hoary for a few more weeks because I can't afford to risk any
downtime on this machine right now.

Kevin