Bazaar-NG traffic #2

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Oct 11 15:06:02 BST 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 08:44:30AM -0500, John A Meinel wrote:
>Scott James Remnant wrote:
>> On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 03:21 -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
>>

>>>= Decentralized, not Distributed =
>>>

>> ITYM "Decentralised" ;-)
>>
>> Scott
>
>Not according to Merriam Websters.
>
>http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=decentralized&x=0&y=0
>
>Do a search on decentralized versus decentralised, and the latter
>doesn't return anything. (And they do have an entry stating that analyse
>is the British spelling of analyze.)

 $ echo decentralise | aspell list
 $ exho decentralize | aspell list
 decentralize
 $ locale
 LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
 LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
 LC_ALL=

aspell's dictionary doesn't quite agree :-)

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

On a word boundary, Luke, don't just hack at it. ... The byte- saber
is the ceremonial weapon of the Red-Eye Knight. It is used to trim
offensive lines of code. Handwaving won't get you anywhere. Attune
yourself with the Source.
     -- Steve Tarr and Alan Hastings