Inconsistent Parents for bzr.dev

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Oct 11 14:41:14 BST 2005

Is anyone else getting "inconsistent parents" exceptions when trying to
pull the latest bzr.dev?
get source history: .
get destination history: .
get source ancestry: .
get destination ancestry: .
fetch revision: .Using last location: http://bazaar-ng.org/bzr/bzr.dev/
bzr: ERROR: inconsistent parents for version
{mbp at sourcefrog.net-20050707102201-2d2a13a25098b101}:
['mbp at sourcefrog.net-20050707075712-4784aa908809b905'] vs
['mbp at sourcefrog.net-20050707075712-4784aa908809b905',
'mbp at sourcefrog.net-20050707102028-6c5e6aef73437f38']
  at
/local/01/system/srv/bzr/public/mirrors/bzr.newformat/bzrlib/weave.py
line 838, in _check_version_consistent()
  see ~/.bzr.log for debug information

I have set up a mirrors directory, where I have cron automate pulling of
 several trees twice a day. Now that we have the v5 versus v4 stuff, it
got a little bit crazy (since neither version of bzr supports the other).

But anyway, I have bzr.dev as of version 1229, and trying to pull up to
the latest revision causes the "inconsistent parents" statement.

I will leave the version available at:

http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/other/bzr.dev-conflicted.tar.bz2

I know Aaron mentioned having this happen in the past, but I thought it
was if you pulled from an old tree (that you upgraded yourself).
It might just be an issue about ghost revisions, etc. Because I might
have a tree that was upgraded without ghost revisions, and now we have
ghost revisions. At least, that is the most likely culprit.

But I believe my bzr.dev tree was created using rsync against version 1229.