Pymacs : A better way to implement bzr and hg support in Xtla ?

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Oct 6 16:15:15 BST 2005

Martin Pool wrote:
> On 05/10/05, Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr> wrote:
>
>>We'll have to modify bzr only if we realize that the library interface
>>of bzr is not well designed, but this is not supposed to happen ;-)
>>(hmm, actually, I hope we'll be able to give some feedback that can
>>help making bzr even better ...).
>

> It's meant to be easy to call as a library, but at the moment some
> parts of it achieve this more than others.  Please ask if you find
> anything confusing or hard to use.
>
> --
> Martin

I think our biggest issue with calling it as a library, is to get all of
the "print" statements out of the code (print to stdout, not to a file).
So that the bzrlib.ui layer can be used to handle output to the screen
for the command line. Otherwise front ends would need to still read
stdout for some things.