Adding and reverting a file

george young gry at ll.mit.edu
Thu Oct 6 15:24:53 BST 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 14:24:55 +0200
Mark Rosenstand <mark at borkware.net> threw this fish to the penguins:

> Adding and reverting a file will delete the file. I would expect the
> file to just become unknown again. Is this a bug or a feature? :-)

Not clear to me.  On this same note, one can not remove a file
after deleting it:

btest> bzr init
btest> touch a
btest> bzr add a
added a
btest> rm a
btest> bzr remove a
bzr: ERROR: u'/homelocal/geoyou/btest/a' does not exist
  at /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/branch.py line 95, in find_branch_root()
  see ~/.bzr.log for debug information

If I then create some file "a", it lets me 'bzr remove'.
This seems like a bug to me.

-- George

--
"Are the gods not just?"  "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)