[BUG] commit message with tabulation characters

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Oct 6 10:05:59 BST 2005

I edit commit message in external editor (FTE) and for some purposes I
insert tab symbol for formatting my message. When I save message and
exit from editor I saw that bzr report this:

D:\user\python\bzr\__test>bzr ci
added 1.txt
bzr: replaced 1 control characters in message

After that I want to see my log and see instead of expanded tab simply
"\t" combination:

D:\user\python\bzr\__test>bzr log -r-1
revno: 1
committer: Alexander Belchenko <******>
timestamp: Thu 2005-10-06 11:56:48 +0300
message:
   First line
   \tspam

   ^^ - there is must be my tab character

I think it is bug but I'm not sure in which command (commit or log?) and
how it should be fixed.

Alexander