Further improvements for bzr-sax

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Oct 6 06:01:52 BST 2005

John A Meinel wrote:
> Well, I just updated my reformatted inventory branch. Basically, after
> working with the weave timing code, and finding that number of lines
> matters, I worked to recompact the inventory.

> Plus the branch has been updated with Robert's proper handling of the
> revision tag.

This turns out to be the most important part. A conversion using
"format-5" ends up as 1.4MB, down from the old 2.6M. So it would seem
that we were indeed duplicating far too many entries.

So hats off to you Robert, your change makes a big difference. (It
changed the number of lines from 34.7k down to 25.5k)