Pymacs : A better way to implement bzr and hg support in Xtla ?

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Wed Oct 5 10:09:48 BST 2005

jblack at merconline.com (James Blackwell) writes:

> I'm sure that I'm misunderstanding you, but you're not suggesting making
> pymacs a dependancy for core bzr, are you?

'course not. We're not talking about modifying bzr, but about adding
bzr support to DVC (the successor of Xtla, which is the Emacs
interface to baz).

The two options are: 1) use bzr command line interface, 2) use bzr as
a python library (in the case of Emacs, this means using pymacs to be
able to call Python functions from Emacs Lisp). Stefan suggests
implementing both.

We'll have to modify bzr only if we realize that the library interface
of bzr is not well designed, but this is not supposed to happen ;-)
(hmm, actually, I hope we'll be able to give some feedback that can
help making bzr even better ...).

--
Matthieu