re-added support for ghosts in newformat

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Oct 5 02:08:58 BST 2005

Martin Pool wrote:
> I don't think we need to regularly do double probes, and it would
> probably be OK to support mixed stores as a special case for upgrade.
> That is to say that the compressed store could check for both only in
> this case.
>
> One advantage of keeping files compressed inside .bzr is that a
> recurseive grep won't inadvertently find them.
>
> --
> Martin

Well, if you look at the branch I did:
http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/branches/bzr/newformat-compressed-text

It should work exactly the same as the old ImmutableStore used to work
(just not fully optimized for the new Transport stuff).

If you wanted, you could rename that to "MixedTextStore", and restore my
old CompressedTextStore. That is only if you feel that at some point in
the future you are going to want a plain CompressedTextStore.

Then for upgrading you could use MixedTextStore, and then day-to-day you
use either CompressedTextStore or TextStore.