Wiki Incorrect?

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue Oct 4 23:39:38 BST 2005

* John A. Meinel:

> Now, when that is committed, you have 2 parents. If you do the diff
> against one parent, you will get the rollup of the opposite branches
> changes.
>
> For example:
>
> # A - B - C - D - E
> #     F - G - H

But this is just a special case.  What happens if I merge too early,
or commit an unrelated bugfix on the same branch?  Is it still
possible to create a cohesive changeset which only reflects the
functionality change I was originally working on?

My main concern is that James' description suggests a level of
cherrypicking support which doesn't seem to be there.