Wiki Incorrect?

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Tue Oct 4 19:12:43 BST 2005

jblack at merconline.com (James Blackwell) writes:

> Would anybody have an objection to favoring the term "decentralized
> revision control?" I think that better describes the tool than
> distributed.

I also prefer this for at least two reasons:

1) "Distributed" makes me think of a "distributed system" in the sense
   "several permanently running servers communicating and
   synchronizing together", like what happens in big clusters of
   machines.

2) It translates better to french, because "distributed" is a
   false-friend ;-) (the correct translation is "réparti", but we
   usually say "distribué").

--
Matthieu