svn2bzr released

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Oct 3 22:09:33 BST 2005

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> I've just released the first version of svn2bzr. From the web page:
>
> """
> svn2bzr is a tool to convert Subversion repositories into
> Bazaar 2.0 repositories.
>
> It does that by reading a dump file with the history of a given
> Subversion repository, and creating the Bazaar 2.0 repository
> according to the given parameters.
> """
>
> More information at: http://bazaar.canonical.com/svn2bzr
>
> Have fun!

I was wondering what this provides that isn't provided by Tailor:

http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

Tailor at least claims full read/write support for both bzr and svn.

Though I suppose if you built off of baz2bzr you might be able to update
a working branch, which Tailor doesn't seem to support. They at least
state that they are more for 1 time conversion, not ongoing.