[Request] Remote operation need to be cached

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Oct 3 15:15:54 BST 2005

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> I ask to adjust remote operation (branching, pulling) via internet. I
> think this operation need to use intermediate cache for storing
> retrivied files before copying all this files to local repository.
>
> I use dial-up connection at home and during pulling big hunk of missing
> revisions (from bzr.newformat) I accidentaly have break of connection.
> After this bzr report that tree is identical, but they really don't
> identical: missed some of files revisions. I cannot do bzr revert.
> Repository seems to be somewhat broken.
>
> I'm trying to use bzr pull because rsyncing for this BIG repository is
> very long operation.

rsyncing is going to be *way* faster than bzr pull. Usually 5-10x. Like
rsyncing the bzr.dev tree takes < 3 min, but bzr pull it takes about
17min for me.

There is some discussion about CentralizedStorage which would be sort of
a local cache.

I'm not sure how it would work with the new weaves, though.