[PLUGIN] bzr uncommit updated

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Sep 28 08:07:08 BST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 01:11 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> ..I've updated branch to take a --basis parameter.  When that is provided,
> the texts, inventories and revisions from the basis revision are copied
> into the new branch's stores, and the only data we copy from the remote
> branch is the stuff we don't have.

I've merged this into integration. Its a good hack ;0.

I think it would be nice though, to only copy the referenced revisions -
and to validate them as we do when branching normally....  that is, to
simply do a normal fetch of the requested remote revision, and attempt
retrieval of each revision locally before retrieving it remotely. This
wouldn't be as fast, but would still be much faster than remote
retrieval. A similar question will apply in the post weave world to copy
or to validate.

Note that validating pre-weave doesn't imply not hardlinking.

Rob