[RFC] New web server for bazaar

Goffredo Baroncelli kreijack at alice.it
Mon Sep 26 19:44:02 BST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 04:31, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 14/09/05, Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijack at alice.it> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have ported the mercurial[*] web interfaces to bazaar-ng; an example can be
> > viewed on 'http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bzr'; the source can
> > be pulled at the same address:
>
> That's great work.

Hi, I reworked a bit my patch; now it is possible to see the file contents

( try http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bzr/?cmd=content;rev=1199;path=hgweb.config.examples
 ); I tweaked a bit the css code in order to differentiate the appareance from
the mercurial style.

However I still need a webdesigner in order to improve the web interface :-)

> I think having it well integrated is pretty important.  It might work
> equally well as a plugin, and that might be easier than having it
> within the main tree.

I changed the code, and now the web interface is implemented as plug-in. The main problem is due
to the fact that the option have to be re-declarated in the OPTIONS list contained int
bzrlib/command.py file . Does anyone know how avoid this step ?
I need a feedback about the changes which you (Martin) will require in order to integrate this
web interface into bazaar.

I have another question: does exist a quick way to get the log of a file. If I do
$ bzr log bzrlib/commands.py
the command is too slow

$ time python bzr log &>/dev/null

real    0m8.173s
user    0m4.842s
sys     0m0.800s

$ time python bzr log bzrlib/commands.py &>/dev/null

real    3m56.109s
user    2m28.849s
sys     0m6.048s

I think that it would be useful to store in the new weave file format the
information of which revisions are involved in the file history.

Goffredo

http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bzr

--
gpg key@ keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (ghigo) <kreijack @ inwind.it>
Key fingerprint = CE3C 7E01 6782 30A3 5B87  87C0 BB86 505C 6B2A CFF9