bzr on Windows

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Sep 23 10:54:37 BST 2005

I publish my branch for Windows version here:
http://bzr.onembedding.com/bzw-1/

I'm need some help: I don't understand well all requirements for
publishing my branch. What requirement for this? Is simple copy to my
website via ftp is enough? (I don't understand how rsync work).
All files available via http, but .bzr directory not listed but present.

 > I have applied much of the patch, however a lot of it caused conflicts.
 > So I need to ask if you can update the patch with the parts of it I
 > haven't been able to apply.

I can send you patch against bzr-0.0.8 release later.

 > I think we have a python version of diff3, so this should not bee needed
 > anymore.

Yes, it is.

 >>And I have some problem with testhashcache on my machine: I need to
 >>prolonging pause after file-write operation up to 3 seconds for pass
 >>this test. It's seems strange with my Celeron 1,8 GHz processor.
 >
 > Are you using a win32 file system ? Win32 has a timestamp that is only
 > accurate to 2 seconds, so to ensure we are in a different time to that
 > on the file, which is what the test tests, you need to ensure you wait >
 > 2 seconds.

Yes, I use FAT32 filesystem. The same issue is correct and for Cygwin:
bzr on Cygwin also require prolonging of pause in testhashcache. If it
normal behaviour for Windows may be it can be included in test for
automatically prolonging pause on win32 (native or Cygwin) with this
statement:

if sys.platform in ("win32", "cygwin"):
	time.sleep(3)

(Sleep for exactly 2 seconds is not enough)

 >>I think some of my fixes may be included in current bzr.dev for future
 >>compatibility with windows platform.
 > They are now, and I'd like to get them all in, windows is very important
 > to support well.

Thanks for you response.

Alexander