[BUG] Branching with --revision fails

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Sep 21 23:49:43 BST 2005

Tobias Toedter wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using bzr 0.0.8, which fails to create a branch if the command line
>option "--revision" is supplied:
>
>$ bzr branch --revision 1 versioned-dir/ branch-dir/
>bzr: ERROR: int() argument must be a string or a number
>  at /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/revisionspec.py line 114, in
>__new__()
>  see ~/.bzr.log for debug information
>
>Please let me know if you need more information.
>
>Cheers,

I think I mentioned this in an earlier email, but regardless, the test
suite definitely needs to have the arguments to different commands
tested. The RevisionSpec changes broke quite a few different places.
This was one of the ones that was fixed by my RevisionSpec can take a
RevisionSpec, so we need to figure out what interface is accepting a
RevisionSpec instead of a rev_id, or RevisionInfo.