20050915

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:45:55 BST 2005

On 15/09/05, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> 20050914

Robert will also be sending his payslips to this list for everyone's
edification. :-)

What Robert sent was an example of a little management tool we use at
Canonical to keep things under control in a totally distributed
company.  Every day, each person sends a description of what they did
during the day.  At first it seemed like an imposition but I'm coming
to find it quite an interesting time management tool.  Being reminded
of what you got done in a day is develops a sense of both priority and
perspective.  (It is not (they tell me) necessary to work 9am to
8:30pm though. :)

--
Martin