FEATURE REQ: Add option --dry-run to 'add'

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Thu Sep 15 10:07:18 BST 2005

Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> writes:

> http://bazaar.canonical.com/DryRun
>
> Is a draft spec about this, if you could help make this accurately
> reflect your desires, it will help getting someone to implement it
> precisely.

Thanks,

That's pretty much it, although you don't have name me there. John Doe
will do for an example :-)

Another commonly used option that could be used in place od --dry-run
is "--test". It could perhaps better suit for short option "-t" later

Implementing the feature I suppose would be quite easy. Just check if
the TEST is in effect and skip the portions which would make the
modifications and print the messages instead.

Jari