FEATURE REQ: Make alias for --diff-options

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Wed Sep 14 07:07:43 BST 2005

Harald Meland <harald.meland at usit.uio.no> writes:

| ... and then be able to override that default either on the command
| line or by a project-specific configuration file; Jari seems to imply
| that wanting "-b" as a default option is common, and that wouldn't
| work too well with Python (or Whitespace,
| http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/whitespace/index.php :-) programs.

I don't think -b should be default, I just need -bw almost all the
time to send patches to upstream, because my Emacs configuration
automatically removes all trailing white spaces and converts TABS to
spaces on save.

The upstream may use editor that inserts TABS, so that's why I don't
want the diff to consider these changes relevant.

It just happens, that python is an exception.

Jari