[BUG] Please explain LOCATION in the pull command

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:52:31 BST 2005

On 13/09/05, Jari Aalto <jari.aalto at cante.net> wrote:

>     $ bzr help pull
>     usage: pull [LOCATION]
>     Pull any changes from another branch into the current one.
>
> This would need some examples. List what kind of LOCATION URLs are
> accepted. I learned elsewhere that this can be a DIR reference, HTTP
> URL, but are there any other supported schemes, like
> ftp://login:pass@site, likewise sftp ...?

I added a bit of text to the introduction on the web site
(http://bazaar.canonical.com/IntroductionToBzr).  Maybe someone would
like to go and add more explanation.

How do you think it should go into the online help?  As an example?
Perhaps 'bzr help locations' should give an overview of the available
formats?

--
Martin