[RFC] New web server for bazaar

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:31:06 BST 2005

On 14/09/05, Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijack at alice.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have ported the mercurial[*] web interfaces to bazaar-ng; an example can be
> viewed on 'http://goffredo-baroncelli.homelinux.net/bzr'; the source can
> be pulled at the same address:

That's great work.

> I know that somebody will not agree with the fact that the web interface is
> integrated in the core code, but I think that a good web interface is useful to
> view the revision without any tool, and can improve the acceptance of a tool like
> bzr. So i think that should be integrated with the core project.

Having a single address which gives both a human-readable view of
history and acts as a bzr repository is very good.

I think having it well integrated is pretty important.  It might work
equally well as a plugin, and that might be easier than having it
within the main tree.

--
Martin