Logging to stdout and bzr selftest

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Sep 11 15:11:23 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 22:09 +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> When running "bzr selftest", the code prints lots of unnecessary junk to
> the screen.  A patch against r1189 is attached to use the logging
> mechanism instead.  It causes no regressions.

Hi, we deliberately removed a similar mechanism: bzr library calls
should not print anything to stdout/stderr anyway, and all the runbzr
calls that test the front end do their own redirection inside the test.

What we want to do is ensure that any library violations of the output
guidelines in HACKING are noticed quickly :).

> BTW, sorry about the modeline, but vim is not currently set up to do
> PEP-8 compliant code, and that's the only way that it will.

I don't know what Martins thoughts are about modelines - I quite like
them - but they can be very contentious :0. Martin ?

I have the following in my ~/.vimrc to handle non-modeline marked files.
autocmd BufRead *.py set sts=4
autocmd BufRead *.py set sta
autocmd BufRead *.py set et
autocmd BufRead *.py set ai
autocmd BufRead *.py set shiftwidth=4
autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.py match Error /^[[:tab:]]\+/

Rob