rfc: remove "revision specs"

Lalo Martins lalo at exoweb.net
Tue Aug 30 07:47:18 BST 2005

And so says Robert Collins on 30/08/05 12:43...
> however, something like './bzr.dev,rev=1040' is std66 conformant for url
> path element parameterisation. I think that that is not great for
> command line ui, but it would be nice to retain the unambiguous
> single-string facility.

note - when we first talked about url parameters on IRC, we learned
(from std66) we can use either semicolon or comma.  Semicolon is
potentially troublesome in a command line, so we figured (Robert mostly)
comma would be safer.

Now I'm thinking, if you don't actually expect people to *type* this,
but rather, you support it for the sake of tools like pqm and for
uniform python api - then I'd go with the semicolon, precisely *because*
it's bad shell - therefore it's less likely to be a legitimate filename.
 (It's even illegal on windows, isn't it?)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
http://www.exoweb.net/                  mailto:lalo at exoweb.net