gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Aug 15 15:38:37 BST 2005
I was thinking about how hard it'd be to implement in bazaar-ng
something close to the Subversion concept of file and revision
Having generic file and revision properties looks neat and powerful.
A number of concepts common to revision control are handled in
Subversion using normal properties with special meaning. For
- svn:executable stores a true value for tagging executable
files, and turns on +x in platforms that need it
- Logs are revision properties (svn:log)
- Binary files are tagged using a property (svn:mime-type)
- Ignored patterns are properties of directories (svn:ignore)
- Keywords ($Id$, etc) are replaced on demand, according to
the svn:keywords property.
- svn:eol-style sets the type of EOL for a given file
(CR, LF, CRLF, native)
Have you considered something like this?
More information about the bazaar