don't invoke editor when not on tty?

Lalo Martins lalo at exoweb.net
Tue Jul 26 02:30:35 BST 2005

And so says Martin Pool on 26/07/05 05:32...
> bzr commit runs an editor if no message is given, which is good - but
> less so when it starts the editor when invoked from the command window
> of emacs or an ide.  So I propose to invoke the editor only when it's
> run from a terminal.  Is that reasonable?

I wouldn't be very happy about that, as my EDITOR is set to 'gnuclient'
when I'm running X. So if I run bzr from inside emacs, I'd expect it to
do the right thing.

I would just document the issue.  It's really up to the users to have
their EDITOR variable pointing to something that makes sense.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
http://www.exoweb.net/                  mailto:lalo at exoweb.net