[Fwd: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge and commit on one file only]

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Jul 15 21:32:51 BST 2005

I just saw this show up on the Arch mailing list, and I realized it is
something that we should probably think about for bzr.
If I do a merge, and then try to do a partial commit, it seems like the
merge shouldn't count.
I don't know that there is much that we can do, other than say
"shelf/revert" first, and then make your change, and then redo the
merge. (Hopefully revert will allow for making an redo changeset in the
future)

Anyway, I don't know that we will have a whole lot to say about it, just
that we should probably think about it.