[PLUGIN] bzr missing

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sun Jun 26 18:25:25 BST 2005

John A Meinel wrote:

>Aaron Bentley wrote:
>

>>On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 09:57:16PM -0500, John A Meinel wrote:
>>

>>>It can be run in quiet mode, in which case you can check the return
>>>value to see if you need to update, though you might get a bad return if
>>>the branches have diverged as well.
>>>

>>Cool.  The 'missing' functionality is something I've been missing.
>>It looks as if it errors out when the branches have diverged, but
>>it would be nice to know what changes have happened on the parent branch
>>since they diverged.
>>
>>Aaron
>>

>Well, right now I just use branch.missing_revisions() which does not
>handle diverged branches.

>I can see your point. And actually it might be nice to have missing just
>look at all the revision ids of other, and see what is not in local.
>Because that might tell you that you want to do a 'merge'. Right now
>missing only lets you do pull.
>
>I will change that.
>

>From Aaron's advice, bzr missing now runs even if the branches have
diverged. I split it up a little bit more, but it would still be
suitable as a builtin, just add the missing.py, and cut&paste the
cmd_missing

Also, as an improvement, it always shows the log information (otherwise,
what is the point), unless the --quiet flag is passed.
And now '--verbose' has the same meaning that it has for bzr log, it
will include information about the delta, on top of just the log (and I
include --show-ids just to be verbose).

The files are attached, and my branch has been updated.