[BUG] testbzr affected by environment

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Jun 16 19:38:16 BST 2005

We are starting to have some state for bzr, both in the form of
environment variables (BZREMAIL, BZR_PLUGIN_PATH, etc), and home
directories (~/.bzr.log, ~/.bzr/plugins).

I'm thinking that for 'testbzr' it should ensure a pristine environment
before continuing. Preferably with a custom $HOME directory. That
prevents tests from influencing something they shouldn't (or having a
plugin accidentally mess up the builtin tests).

However, when testing plugins, it might be useful to have testbzr load
them, so that you can verify things are working correctly.
So maybe it should be an option switch to testbzr to sanitize the
environment.