plans for 0.0.6 release

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Jun 6 14:22:46 BST 2005

On  1 Jun 2005, Hans Ulrich Niedermann <arch at n-dimensional.de> wrote:
> Martin Pool wrote:
>
> > If there is anything you feel
> > ought to be in for that, then speak up now.
>
> May I humbly suggest adding a man page?
>
> I have written a script which autogenerates an (admittedly basic) man
> page from the output of "bzr help". It still lacks the detailed
> explanations, but it is already a lot better than having nothing at
> all:
>
> http://es.lauft.net/bzr/bzr-manpage.patch   (the patch)
> http://es.lauft.net/bzr/bzr.1               (the generated man page)
> http://es.lauft.net/bzr/bzr.ndim/           (my enhanced branch)

Thanks!  I was planning to do that, or hoping someone would do it.

We could enhance this a bit:

 - also generate HTML

 - put the introductory material into a text file rather than
   hardcoded into the program

   I'd like to have "bzr help introduction" show some of this.

 - Include sub-sections for each command showing its syntax and options,
   as generated by the help command.

I just merged it from your http server using aaron's new remote-merge
-- a great milestone!

--
Martin