plans for 0.0.6 release

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Wed Jun 1 15:52:36 BST 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:18, John A Meinel wrote:
> Right now I'm favoring -r date:blah..20, or -r 10..20
> I saw your 10 to 20 patch, the problem is it doesn't really work right.
> Having something take a variable number of arguments is kind of error
> prone. For instance, what if there is a file in the directory named 'to'
> and I type
> bzr log -r 10 to
> I'm trying to say give me the revision 10 log for the file to if it was
> modified. Actually, more likely would be:
> bzr log -r 10 to to
> To request all logs from 10 onward that modify "to".

The to syntax will only take 1 or 3 arguments, either "-r x" or "-r x to y".
If you want to specify an open ended range you can use either "start" or
"now" (maybe "end").

And you're right, for all those millions of people out there who have files
called "to" it might look a bit funny when they type "bzr log -r 10 to". But
it's well defined what it means.

Anyway we can argue about it more when I get it written the way I want. Which
might be next week at this rate.

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

email: michael:ellerman.id.au
inmsg: mpe:jabber.org
wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person