Problem with stat-cache under win32

Roncaglia Julien bazaar-ng at virtualblackfox.net
Mon May 30 21:15:37 BST 2005

F:\bzr.dev>bzr status

bzr: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 3-5: truncated
\uXXXX
escape
  at F:\bzr.dev\bzrlib\statcache.py:181 in load_cache()
  see ~/.bzr.log for debug information

F:\bzr.dev>

Lines with problem are ones containing things like :

...6b8ce338662b doc\use-cases.txt
...fe7cc1f1c172 bzrlib\xml.py

In fact \uXXXX or \xXX, i dont'k known python well and the code in
statcache.py seem correct to me, so from where did this problem could come ?

Note: Converting \u to \\u and \x to \\x in the file make bzr to stop
complain, until the cache is regenerated.

Note: Attached is my .bzr.log file content after one time where it works
and one where it fail.