[announce] bzrweb seems a bit finished

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri May 20 14:06:54 BST 2005

Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 09:56:36AM -0500, John A Meinel wrote:
>
>>Chris McCormick wrote:
>>
>>>Actually that's a feature - why would you want to diff a revision against
>>>itself? This always yeilds a blank page.
>>>

>>Actually, I didn't realize what you were meaning by diff. Coming from
>>arch, I think in changesets, so I was thinking that this was the "show
>>me what changed in this revision".
>>It would be nice if you could do this, that way I could say "what
>>changed for 10, 11, 12, 13", without having to click on 11, then click
>>on 10[diff], then 12, then 11[diff], then 13, then 12[diff].
>>
>>You could call it [changeset], or some such. [cset] perhaps? Maybe this
>>doesn't fit as well with bzr, since it is more snapshot than changeset
>>oriented.
>

> If what you want is a link which shows the diff against the previous
> revision, then this is easily done and a good idea because it saves
> mouse clicks and page reloads. Should I call it [changeset] or is this
> too foreign to bzr? Maybe just [diff against last] and change the name of
> [diff] to [diff against selected]?

Well, generally I prefer short names, so they don't clutter up the
interface with a lot of text. So I would offer changeset over "diff
against last".

However, since at the time you generate this, you know which revno will
be the "diff against selected" target, you could just put:

[diff] [diff vs 235]

And then you have 'diff' which is just the diff for this revision (ie
against the last revision), and then you have a diff versus whatever the
selected revision is.

I haven't looked at the code, so I don't know how hard it is, but this
would keep small links, while retaining good information.