'merge' merged

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Sun May 15 04:55:49 BST 2005

I've incorporated Aaron's patch to add a 'merge' command.  Thanks Aaron!

At the moment this requires a 'base' revision to be manually
specified.  The 'base' is some common point between the two trees that
are to be merged.  For example, if you are merging from my tree into
yours, then the 'base' will be the previous revision that was merged
across.

In the short term there are several things we can do:

- add online help and instructions into the tutorial

- automatic selection of a base version

In the longer term, I am not sure that a simple three-way merge will
really be enough, and we should explore some ideas from arch,
codeville, and other systems.

--
Martin