Possible bug plus a question

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue May 3 01:48:20 BST 2005

On  2 May 2005, Chris McCormick <chrism at mccormick.cx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using bzr for one of my software projects and I'm finding it to be a
> really cool program. I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1. My program is run using the Python interpereter. I have a symlink
> in the working directory of the sources of my project, to the Python
> executable like this: zutexe -> /usr/bin/python
>
> This is so that my program name will show up in ps as 'zutexe' instead of
> showing up as Python (maybe there's a better way of changing the process
> name?).

Oh, I didn't know you could do that.

> Does this mean symlinks aren't supported yet?

Yes, and they're unsupported in a fairly ugly way.  It ought to at
least allow them to be present and unknown.  Eventually I would like
them to be versioned properly.

> 2. Currently I'm rsyncing my source tree to my webserver and tarballing
> it up (.bzr directory and all) so that users could download the latest
> tarball and then send patches to me. Is this the best way of users being
> able to stay up to date with developments until push/pull are implemented?

Yes.

> Thanks for a totally awesome piece of software!

Thanks!  We have a long way to go though.

> PS Is anyone working on a web interface to bzr, or could I do this?

Someone has expressed interest; maybe you can post any ideas on how it should work?

--
Martin