Is bazaar-ng for newbies?

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 01:37:59 BST 2005

I think, yes!

bazaar-ng should be a simple as a SCM can be without giving up
important functionality.
There are lot's of things that are not implemented yet and therefor it
may not be for newbies today.

There are today two ways to get back a previous version. One is "bzr
export -r rev" which will export your tree for a specific revision to
a directory. Another is "bzr cat -r rev file" which will give you that
revision of that specific file on stdout.

If you want to help with bzr, that's great, stay with it. But if you
need something simple to use NOW (while waiting for bzr) I would
recommend darcs.  It's very simple to use and works today.  Bzr will
be alot better once it's done, I believe.

/Erik